Information regarding the ACS-machine interface (transfer gate) and the use of digital ACS-PKI certificates
We would like to inform you about an upcoming change of services in the ACS-MAH System:
Deactivation of transfer gate
The previously offered upload of batches and serial numbers via the transfer gate via SFTP will be discontinued for our contract partners as of December 31, 2018. The two interfaces web service and web portal are not affected by this measure.
Please check in your company what measures may be necessary to convert from the transfer gate to one of the two offered interfaces.
In the download area of the web portal to the ACS-MAH System you can find:
- the user manual for the web portal
- the API-documentation for the web service
The transfer gate cannot longer be provided for the following reasons:
- Due to the low number of users, the provision and further development of the machine interface is not expedient technically or organizationally.
- The functionality provided by the transfer gate is limited to the data upload into the ACS-MAH System only.
- Users and rights in the ACS-MAH System cannot be administered by the customer via the transfer gate.
- Technologically, the web service and the web portal already provide secure access to the ACS-MAH System.
Until December 31, 2018 we will support the service as usual and data also can be uploaded and processed until this time.
Digital ACS-PKI certificates
Furthermore, from January 1, 2019, the use of digital ACS-PKI certificates will be mandatory. From this point it will only be possible to login to the ACS-MAH System with a user name, password and an installed ACS-PKI certificate.
Please take appropriate administrative measures in your company to ensure that any missing digital ACS-PKI certificates are issued by, for example, your IT managers and installed by the respective users.
Digital ACS-PKI certificates must already be used today for the web service. All system environments (integration and production) are affected by these modifications.
How to install the ACS-PKI certificates is described in the user manual in chapter 3. As of January 1, 2019, only those web addresses (URL) will be accessible that require correspondingly installed and valid user certificates. The web addresses of the respective system environments are described in the user manual in chapter 2.
We will in near-time announce a date for a webinar in which the respective services and the use of the digital ACS-PKI certificates will be explained.